Parts General Manager
Overall purpose of role
To support maintenance of parts files, including part adds, purchasing and expediting parts supply. To analyse market and parts data, along with data from our competitors. To provide findings to the Parts Team and other relevant areas of the business.
Working closely with the Parts General Manager and the Materials Controller to assist in administration of our Parts inbound activity, internal operational processes and outbound commercial data needs, essentially maintaining the highest levels of service in line with expectations of the dealer network.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following aspects:
- Support in the administration of purchasing, expediting urgent requirements from suppliers as required
- Administering 'Direct Ship' receipts of supplier goods despatched directly into our dealer network
- Validating supplier parts pricing between their invoices and our system to maintain accurate parts costings and support the authorisation of payments
- Communicating with suppliers to manage issues such as delivery discrepancies, quality issues, technical enquiries, etc.
- Input of new, and maintenance of current, systemized parts data
- Administration of parts supersessions
- Maintenance of parts pricing, for daily additions and/or changes to parts on file
- Administration of Parts bulletins to deliver key information into dealer network as required
Outbound Commercial Data:
- Manage a monthly process for reviewing pricing, margins and dealer discount tables.
- Undertake all pricing simulation tasks in support of annual price review process
- Coordinate price list data into the dealer network, liaising with software houses/dealerships to ensure dealer management systems have been updated
- Support the sales team in all ad-hoc data requests to facilitate business development and marketing ideas/outcomes.
- Produce dealer sales reports
- Analyse and validate dealer sales trends to highlight any anomalies and/or disproportionate trading levels.
Skills and Experience Required
The candidate needs to be highly numerate with a good all-round knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially skilled in using Excel.
Analytical, logical with a good understanding of business systems.
A flexible and diligent team player experienced in working to deadlines.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org